Call for Papers
Journal of International Logistics and Trade
Special Issue Call for Papers on
"US-China Trade War: Implications for Logistics and Trade in the Asia-Pacific Region"
Deadline: 31 August 2021
Dukgeun Ahn and Jun Yeop Lee
The tension between the United States and China has become increasingly serious and destructive from the perspective of a global trading system. The recent executive order by US President Biden to review the risk of global supply chains for key products including semiconductor and rare earth materials highlights potential conflicts in the near future.
This unprecedented trade war between two largest economies in the world raises much concern for the global economy and particularly the Asia-Pacific region that has emerged as the center of global supply chains. Numerous academic researches with policy discussions have touched upon the current geopolitical and economic conflicts mostly from broader and more comprehensive aspects. Thus, it is worth -analyzing the implication for international logistics and trade of Asia-Pacific countries that have faced formidable challenges of decoupling in core industries.
Journal of International Logistics and Trade (JILT) invites academic studies that shed light on crucial issues of logistics and trade in the Asia-Pacific regions. We hope that this special issue can contribute to the academic endeavors that aim to alleviate unnecessary burdens and costs incurred by the US-China trade wars.
- Deadline of submissions: 31 August 2021
- Final decision due: before 30 November 2021
- Tentative publication date: 31 December 2021
For any queries, please contact the Guest Editors:
- Professor Dukgeun Ahn, Graduate School of International Studies, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea. (email: email@example.com)
- Professor Jun Yeop Lee, Department of International Trade and Regional Studies, Inha University, Incheon, Korea. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)